Looking for ideas to keep kids busy during a road trip? Try playing Car Bingo! Kids will love looking out the car window for all of the different bingo items on their bingo card as they play!
RELATED: Road Trip Bingo
Free Printable Car Bingo Cards
This is a great screen-free activity for a long car ride! Have the whole family play to pass time as you drive.
This set of Bingo images are items you should be able to find when driving in the car. For a generic road trip bingo that is fun to take on your next trip – see our road trip bingo cards. Also print off our road trip scavenger hunt!
Grab the free printable Bingo cards at the bottom of the post.
This free printable includes 10 Bingo Cards.
Since you can play this in the car – you can just cross off items as you see them, or you can play using the calling cards. We also have a road trip scavenger hunt you can check off when you find items!
The printable comes with a full page of calling cards.
Supplies Needed to Play Car Bingo
White Paper or Cardstock
Bingo Markers – see marker options we suggest you use below
Optional – Self Laminating Sheets
If you don’t laminate the cards and print them in black and white, Do-A-Dot Markers are great for this activity.
Bingo Marker Options
Candy Options: M&M’s, skittles or jellybeans
Non-Candy Options: Pom poms, buttons or pony beads
If you plan on playing this Bingo in the car – laminate the cards and use dry erase markers for a mess-free and simple way to play in the car.
How To Set Up A Car Bingo Game
- First print off the calling card and bingo cards (link to the free printable below).
- Cut out the calling cards and place them in a bag for selecting.
- Cut out the bingo cards. Each player gets a bingo card. If you have more than 10 players you can put kids into small groups to play together.
- Use pom poms or beads as markers. When the image is called out, the player puts a marker on that image. If you’re playing in the car, we recommend laminating the cards and using dry erase markers.
- When calling out the images – you can describe the image or show the picture. Calling out details from the image (example: tree with apples) or showing the card to kids when it’s chosen will be easier for them to identify it on their bingo card.
- You can play for a line (5 in a row) or a full card. The first person to get a line says “Bingo!”. You can keep playing afterwards for more lines if you have more prizes to give out. There are 30 calling cards to choose from so a full card may result in having a few people winning at the same time depending on the number of players. We recommend playing mostly for lines because of this. Mix up the cards and start a new game after a few lines have been won.
How Can I Play With More People?
There are 10 unique cards included. If you have more than 10 players you can break them up into small groups and play in groups of 2-3 players. You can also hand out similar cards and have more than one winner at a time.
How To Print Bingo Cards
Make sure you review the Print Preview before printing. Every printer is different so make sure you select “Print to Fit to Size” or look at the printer Scale Features (you can print at 90% scale) in your printer settings so that it does not print cut off if you are having issues.