These Christmas Handprint Cards are the cutest Christmas handmade cards for kids to make. With 3 different designs to choose from, kids will love making their own handprint Santa, handprint reindeer and handprint elf!
RELATED: Christmas Crafts for Kids
Christmas Handprint Cards – Handprint Christmas Cards to Make with Kids
We’ll show you how to make these easy Christmas handprint cards.
They each open up to become a card so you can write a Christmas message inside.
Write a special Christmas message or simply put “Merry Christmas” inside. You only need a few supplies to make these and the kids will love getting their hands traced!
Watch the Video Tutorial
Supplies to Make Christmas Handprint Cards
Steps to Make These Christmas Handprint Cards
Santa Handprint Card
1. Fold a piece of cardstock in half. Trace handprint so the wrist is at the folded part (top of Santa hat)
2. Paint the center with the color for the face and let dry.
3. Paint the top part and thumb with red paint for the hat.
4. Paint around the face area and the fingers white for the beard if needed. You can skip this step if you were able to make the face round.
5. Glue on small googly eyes.
6. Taking a cotton ball, pull off two small pieces for the mustache and glue down. Glue on a red small pom pom for the nose.
7. Spread out a cotton ball and glue down to make the brim of the hat.
8. Glue on a white pom pom to the tip of the hat.
Elf Handprint Card
1. Fold a piece of cardstock in half. Trace the handprint so that the folded part of the paper is at the pinky.
2. Paint the bottom of the handprint with the color for the face and the top part (3 middle fingers) with green.
3. Spread out a cotton ball and glue down to the bottom of the green fingers to make the brim of the hat.
4. Add the googly eyes, pom pom nose and draw the mouth with the sharpie (make the mouth slightly smirking). Add two small circles for the cheeks with pink paint.
5. Glue on white pom poms to the top of the hat.
Reindeer Handprint Card
1. Fold a piece of cardstock in half. Trace the handprint so that the folded part is at the pinky. Glue on two googly eyes and a red pom pom nose.
2. Draw a light bulb shape on blue cardstock and use that to trace 3 more light bulbs on yellow, red and green cardstock. Using a sharpie, trace around the light bulb and then add a small line on the right with white paint.
3. Glue on the light bulbs and then use a sharpie to draw the light strings.
4. Write a Christmas message inside your card.
We absolutely love how cute and easy these Christmas handprint cards are!
Which one is your favorite?
For another Christmas handprint favorite, make salt dough handprints!
More Christmas Crafts
See 50+ Christmas Crafts for Kids – there is something for everyone in this list!
See these adorable Christmas toilet paper roll crafts – easy and a fun way to recycle paper rolls!
These Christmas Slime jars are so cute – and would be so fun to make for a Christmas party!