For a fun and simple Halloween activity for kids – try this free printable Halloween Word Scramble! It also comes with an answer sheet so you can easily solve all of them!
RELATED: Halloween I Spy
Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble
This is a fun boredom buster activity for Halloween! It also makes a fun game to play at a Halloween party.
Pair this with our Halloween Bingo or Halloween I Spy games too!
Get the free printables at the bottom of the post.
Some tips you can give to kids to help them unscramble the words:
- Look at the vowels and consonants separately
- Think of words that you know that are Halloween-themed. Write them out. Can you see any letters in some of these words?
- Sometimes mixing up the letters on your own can help. Re-write the letters in a different way and see if anything familiar pops out.
There is also a full answer sheet for all 15 word scrambles so you can easily identify the answer for kids.
Kids will have fun trying to guess each word!
You can play two ways:
- See who can solve them all first for a prize
- Set a time limit and see how many they can answer!
You can also have kids solve it as a fun activity on their own to fill extra time while you’re out, in the car or at school.
Ways to use this Word Scramble:
- Print off for a Halloween party or an easy indoor activity
- Laminate and save it for classrooms and kids can reuse it over and over
- Have a competition who can solve them all the fastest
Ways to extend this activity:
Extend this activity further by having kids come up with their own words to scramble. They can then quiz siblings, parents or classmates on the words they scrambled on their own.
Get the Free Printable Sheets
See more Halloween activities: