For a fun and simple Hanukkah activity for kids – try this free printable Hanukkah Word Scramble! It also comes with an answer sheet so you can easily solve all of the words.
RELATED: Hanukkah Bingo
Free Printable Hanukkah Word Scramble
This is a fun activity for kids to do during Hanukkah. Print it off and kids can try to solve the words before your Hanukkah celebration.
Pair this with our Hanukkah Bingo or Hanukkah I Spy games too!
This is a low-prep activity that you can set-up within minutes. Simply download, print, and start unscrambling these Hanukkah words!
Get the free printables at the bottom of the post.
Some tips you can give to kids to help them unscramble the words:
- Look at the vowels and consonants separately.
- Think of all of the Hanukkah-related words you know. Write them down. Do you notice some of the same letters? Write down anything that comes to mind and compare.
- Often mixing up the letters on your own can help. Re-write the letters in a different way and see if anything familiar pops out.
- For younger kids, write out all of the answer words on the sheet for them to look at.
There is also a full answer sheet for all 15 words so you can easily identify the answer for kids.
Kids will love trying to guess these Chanukah words together over dinner during the Festival of Lights!
You can play two ways:
- See who can solve them all first for a prize.
- Set a time limit and see how many they can answer!
You can also have kids solve it as a fun activity on their own.
Ways to use this Word Scramble:
- Print off as an easy table activity for kids during your Hanukkah dinner.
- Laminate and save it for classrooms, and kids can reuse it over and over.
- Have a competition to see who can solve them all the fastest.
- Follow this activity with a game of Hanukkah Bingo.
Ways to extend this activity:
Extend this activity further by having kids come up with their own Hanukkah words to scramble. They can then quiz siblings, parents, or classmates on the words they scrambled on their own.
Get the Free Printable Word Scramble Sheet and Answers
See more Hanukkah activities: