Need an easy treat to make with the kids for Thanksgiving? Try making these Oreo turkeys. Plus, you don’t even have to turn on the oven to make them – the best part is they’re no-bake treats!
RELATED: Reese’s Turkeys
How to Make Turkeys out of Oreos
These Thanksgiving Oreo turkeys are fun and easy to make with kids. Kids will love putting them together – and eating them too!
For an easier version to build, you can also use a candy corn for the beak instead of the M&M’s.
For another fun Thanksgiving treat – see our Reese’s turkeys.
Making recipes together is a fun way to spend time with your kids during the holidays. Kids will love helping to place the candy corn, candy eyes and M&M’s on the Oreos. They don’t have to be perfect either – and they will still look great!
You can easily make turkeys out of Oreo cookies with these 6 ingredients:
- Orange M&Ms (or you can substitute the M&M’s for a candy corn)
- Red mini M&Ms (or you can substitute the M&M’s for a candy corn)
We used milk chocolate chips for this recipe, but feel free to swap in any type of chocolate you’d like. The chocolate acts as the ‘glue’ when assembling. Some other options you can use is milk chocolate bars, bittersweet chocolate, or even melting wafer candies.
You can find regular candy eyeballs in the baking aisle at the grocery store or in the cake decorating section at a craft shop.
Orange or yellow Reese’s Pieces can be used instead of the orange M&Ms to create the beak in this recipe.
As an alternative to using the M&M’s (which can be a little trickier to attach) you can use a candy corn to make the beak:
Tips for Making Oreo Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Use regular or double-stuffed Oreos for this recipe. We don’t recommend using Oreo thins as there is not enough filling.
- Do not place the turkeys in the refrigerator to set the chocolate. Some candy eyeball brands will bleed when placed in the refrigerator. Wilton candy eyeballs, which are a common brand sold at grocery stores, are known to do this. M&Ms may also result in a cloudy appearance once refrigerated.
How to Store Oreo Turkeys
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. Make sure to lay them all out in one layer in the container so they keep their shape.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Calories: 103kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0.01g, Cholesterol: 0.3mg, Sodium: 61mg, Potassium: 39mg, Fiber: 0.4g, Sugar: 12g, Vitamin A: 5IU, Vitamin C: 0.01mg, Calcium: 8mg, Iron: 1mg
- Use regular or double-stuffed Oreos for this recipe.
- Do not place the turkeys in the refrigerator to set the chocolate.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. Make sure to lay them all out in one layer in the container so they keep their shape.