This Santa handprint is fun to make with kids – and it also makes an adorable keepsake too. You can turn this into a card, ornament or just make it for fun with the kids!
RELATED: Handprint Christmas Tree
Table of Contents
- Santa Handprint Craft
- Watch the Video Tutorial
- Supplies Needed
- Steps to Make the Santa Handprint
- More Christmas Handprint Crafts
Santa Handprint Craft
This Christmas handprint craft uses fun materials like the cotton balls for the beard. Kids will love making Santa’s beard. And you can even get creative and use buttons, puffy paint, or felt for the beard.
If you prefer to make a painted handprint Santa, see our Christmas handprint art.
And for an adorable handprint ornament idea see these salt dough handprint ornaments – our most popular Christmas craft!
Watch the Video Tutorial
- White cardstock (sturdier than paper to make it a card)
- Paint for Santa’s face – here is a selection of paint colors
- Googly eyes
- Small red pom pom
- Cotton Balls
- Glue – we like to use this glue to glue on the pom poms which can sometimes be tricky to stay on with regular glue. You can also use hot glue (with adult assistance)
- Red and white felt
Steps to Make the Santa Handprint
1. First fold your white cardstock in half and trace your hand so that the wrist is on the folded part.
2. Then cut out your handprint and when cutting curve in a little bit at the top where the folding occurs so when the handprint is cut out it looks like this:
3. Now paint the middle of the Santa handprint for the face.
4. Trace the top of your hand on your red felt to get the size for the hat.
Glue the felt to the top of the handprint. You’ll want to cut the red felt top rounded so it looks more like a hat.
Cut out some white felt for the brim of Santa’s hat and glue on top of the red felt.
Then add a white large pom pom to the end of the hat.
5. Glue on your small googly eyes and pom pom for the nose.
6. Make Santa’s beard and brim of his hat with your cotton balls.
Stretch out the cotton balls before gluing down, like this:
And then glue to the fingers and the brim of Santa’s hat:
7. Now write your Christmas message inside!
You can even create or write a poem to go inside the card too.
We love how fun and simple this cute Santa craft is for Christmas!
Also try making a painted handprint Santa with our Christmas handprint art.
Looking for more fun Christmas crafts?
These popsicle stick snowflake ornaments are so easy to make! This is the perfect activity for kids to make their own ornament.
These salt dough handprint ornaments make the perfect keepsake or gift idea!
For another fun Christmas handprint craft idea – make this handprint Christmas tree. Perfect to put on display for Christmas or use as a Christmas centerpiece!