For a fun indoor Thanksgiving activity – try this Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt! There are 2 free printables to choose from. Choose from scavenger hunt clues or a checklist. You can do candy or non-candy treats with each clue. Or you can do a large prize at the end.
RELATED: Thanksgiving Bingo
Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt for Kids
For a fun indoor Thanksgiving activity – try out this simple Thanksgiving scavenger hunt!
Each card also has a number on it so you know what order to place them in. But, you can also change the order if you’d like. The only cards that matter are the first and last clues. The rest you can mix up if you want to!
After you play this scavenger hunt, also try our Thanksgiving Bingo or Thanksgiving I Spy.
There is also a checklist scavenger hunt you can try too!
Note: Make sure kids are aware not to touch the hot drink.. They can find the items with their eyes only and mark it off.
Get both printables at the bottom of the post.
Kids can check off each item as they find them the week before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving Day.
We made the clues so that you can make them hard or easy.
With words like “look closely” or “by” you can put it right beside the clue hint or you can put it in a more tricky spot.
For example, this clue card you could place beside the TV, or hide it in a harder spot (behind or underneath the TV stand).
The clue cards print out on 2 pages. There are 12 clues in total.
You can do a treat or non-candy treat at each clue or a large prize at the end.
How to Set-Up the Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Hide the 2nd clue first, starting somewhere where the kids go to get snacks (pantry) or the fridge.
- Hide the next clue where the cups are.
- Continue to hide all of the clue cards based on the previous clue hints until you are left with the last one.
- For the last prize, hide something in front of the front door or outside the front door.
- If you want to make the scavenger hunt even longer, you can add extra cards of your own before the last clue.
- When you’re ready to start the hunt, hand the first clue to your kids.
Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Checklist
This 1 pager version scavenger hunt checklist is easy for kids to complete! This is a fun activity that kids can do during the week before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving Day.
Simply check off the items as they are found. For a football helmet, you may need to turn on the TV to help with that one. Make sure kids do not touch the “hot drink” when they find it.
Free Printable Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Cards
Free Printable Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt Checklist
See More Scavenger Hunts: