This toilet paper roll lion craft is roar-some! Kids will love making this recycled lion craft. You only need a few supplies to make it too!
RELATED: Lion Handprint
Toilet Paper Roll Lion Craft
We love this lion paper roll craft because it only requires colored paper and a few other supplies! You can also swap out the googly eyes and pom pom nose and draw them on yourself.
Pair this activity with our matching lion handprint card.
Supplies Needed To Make a Paper Roll Lion
– Colored cardstock – we used yellow and orange
– Black Marker
– Googly Eyes
– Small Black Pom Pom, 2 Medium Orange Pom Poms
– Paper Roll
– Glue – Regular glue or a glue stick. I like to use a glue stick for this project since it’s less messy. Use a hot glue gun (adults to help) or a glue adhesive dot for the pom poms and googly eyes.
– Lion head template – see the bottom of the post for our free printable template
Watch the Video Tutorial Here
How to Make a Toilet Paper Roll Lion
1. Start by wrapping a piece of yellow cardstock around a paper roll.
Tape or glue the cardstock around the paper roll. You can also paint the paper roll yellow.
2. Make the lion’s head.
Cut a circle out of yellow cardstock.
You can use our free printable lion head template. See the bottom of the post for the template.
3. Cut strips for the lion’s mane.
Cut strips of yellow and orange cardstock, about 1-2 inches in length.
4. Glue the strips to the back of the head.
5. Make the lion’s face.
Glue 2 google eyes onto the lion’s head.
6. Add a small black pom pom with glue for the nose.
7. Make a mouth and dots on the cheeks with a black marker.
8. Glue the lion head to the paper roll.
Then add two orange pom poms for the feet. You can also draw feet on with a black marker.
You can also add some extra strips to the back of the paper roll to make a tail.
This is such a cute lion craft to make for a zoo theme or just to make for fun!