Looking for a fun and simple winter activity for kids? Try this free printable Winter Word Scramble! It also comes with an answer key so you can easily solve all of the scrambled words.
RELATED: Winter Bingo
Free Printable Winter Word Scramble
This is a fun activity kids can play during the winter! Print it off and kids can try to solve the words on a cold winter day.
Pair this with our Winter Bingo or Winter I Spy games too!
This is a low-prep activity that you can set-up within minutes.
Simply download, print, and start unscrambling these winter words!
There is a printable sheet with the words to unscramble:
And an answer sheet:
Get the free winter word scramble PDF’s at the bottom of the post.
Some tips you can give to kids to help them unscramble the words:
- Look at the vowels and consonants separately.
- Think of all of the winter-related words you know. Write them down. Do you notice some of the same letters? Write down anything that comes to mind and compare.
- Often mixing up the letters on your own can help. Re-write the letters in a different way and see if anything familiar pops out.
- For younger kids, write out all of the answer words on the sheet for them to look at.
Kids will have fun trying to guess each word! It also comes with a full answer sheet to check your answers.
You can play two ways:
- See who can solve them all first for a prize
- Set a time limit and see how many they can answer!
You can also have kids solve it as a fun activity on their own to fill extra time while you’re out, in the car or as an early finisher activity.
Ways to use this Word Scramble:
Ways to extend this activity:
Extend this activity further by having kids come up with their own words to scramble. They can then quiz siblings, parents or classmates on the words they scrambled on their own.
Get the Free Printable Sheet and Answers
Note: this printable is for personal or school use only.
See more winter activities: